Copyright © Some People Say
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Crochet Raspberry Stitch Stripes Long Sleeves Sweater

I'm getting married next year!! Wheeee - - - !

My spouse and I have decided to go to Korea for honeymoon. We've already booked the tour and everything. What left now is just the garments.

I'm so excited actually, wanting to know how it feels to be at a place with 0-8 degree Celsius.

I wanted to try to knit a sweater instead of regular crochet but I failed. It's difficult. I am still very new to knitting and I think I need to race with time. So, I cannot afford to waste too much time learning how to knit a sweater. It'll be too difficult and time consuming for a newbie to do all by herself without a guru.

Many people think it is impossible to learn a skill without finding a teacher. Guess what? This is a false concept that people use to disguise their unwillingness to learn with determination. Youtube is one of the best teachers in the world. I really appreciate these youtubers who are willing to spend their time making money and teach the world for free.

I'm grateful to acquire the crochet skill from Youtube.

Crochet Raspberry Stitch Stripes Long Sleeves Sweater 



These taken with Panasonic Lumix DMC FH5

Taken with Sony Xperia ZL camera 




I used 7 ply Milk Cotton yarn from Tang Sheng (with black label)
4.5mm crochet hook for single crochet stripes and 3.5mm crochet hook for the raspberry stripes.
5.5mm crochet hook for bottom ribbing. 
I think I used around 3 skeins of white and 3 skeins of blue yarn (each skein is 100g) 

Throughout the process of crocheting this sweater, I had to rip off a few parts many times before I got them right. Each time I unravel the yarn, I told myself it's okay, I'm doing this for a better and more fitting garment, it is going to be worth it. Gah! Finally - I pushed through and managed to get a sweater that I'm pretty happy with. 

If only I was fairer, I think I'll look more Korean-ish with the hairstyle and specs. Haha. 

I took around 3 weeks to get this sweater done. Done in a hurry, not in the leisure mode. I spent a few hours each day, repairing and repairing until I am satisfied. 

Before I end this post, I'd like to thank Interunet from Youtube for teaching me how to crochet this garment. Her video tutorial is by far the best on Youtube. This is the #3 garment that I did following her tutorial. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment