Copyright © Some People Say
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, December 22, 2012

Slap Chop Review

Reviews 

This is not a new product in the kitchenware industry. It was being introduced by Vince, the American man. Like its name, what it does is slap and chop. 

I bought mine from one of the voucher websites. If I'm not mistaken, I bought it from mydeal.com. 

Price: RM 30+ if I'm not mistaken. 
Remark: You can get it cheaper at some other places. I just saw one selling at RM 12+ 

Here's the parcel of my Slap Chop in it.



So, that's their motto: 

"Making America Skinny, 
One Slap At A Time!" 

The motto says it all. 
To use it, you need to slap it hard. 
And that will make you skinny.


These are the features of the Slap Chop.


And that's Vince, the advertising guy. 
I read some news about him. 
He got his tongue badly bitten by a prostitute. Ha- *just something random*



And there you go-
The Slap Chop. 



MATERIALS QUALITY (5/10) : 
The outer surface is made of plastic. It's quite fragile when you hold it. I don't think it'd be very difficult to break this item on intentions. All you need to do is just give it a little more pressure and force. In other words, to me, the material used isn't really that convincing as it's really too fragile and soft. 

The piston of the Slap Chop is important. It is used to pump the blades down to chop your food. If it's broken, that's it, you can send your Slap Chop to the bin. After trying it a few times, I think it is quite OK in the sense that I think it's not too bad. 


EFFICIENCY (8/10): 
Before this, I was really freaked out when I read so many negative reviews about this product. I made a mistake. I only started reading the reviews after I have purchased it. Anyway, I was relieved when I receive my Slap Chop. I tried it and I am glad that it works. 

I will provide a rating for all the different types of food I have tried so far using the Slap Chop: 
Onion : 100% 
Slap Chop is suitable to chop onion of medium to small size. Please don't expect to chop a huge onion of size like your fist. It just doesn't make sense by logical thinking. It works well if you're intend to chop small stuff in large quantity.

Garlic: 100% 
Same explanation like the onion. Please make sure you get rid of the garlic skin before you place them into the Slap Chop. I do this: 
  1. Cut off the heads of the garlic.
  2. Put them into the Slap Chop. 
  3. Slap the piston a few times (3-5 times) 
  4. The garlic are partially chopped. 
  5. Get the garlic out. 
  6. Peel off the skin manually. 

Reason: The traditional method of peeling garlic skin would be using the flat surface of the knife to hammer on the garlic. To do this on 10-20+ garlic, it's not wise. Your garlic will fly all over whenever you slam your knife on the chopping board. To avoid this, you can just put all into the Slap Chop and give it a few chops. Then, do the manual peeling method. 

Once you get clean garlic, all you need to do is just put them under the Slap Chop and slap the piston a few times until you get the size you want. I tried putting i 2 cloves of garlic (about 25 garlic) and it works perfectly fine. 


Potato: 30%
I don't think this works well. I don't like the way Slap Chop cuts my potato. The shape doesn't look good as they are not in cube shape. It came out more like you know, the shape of how your onion and garlic look like after putting into the Slap Chop. 


Carrot: 30% 
Same goes to the carrot. The shape of the carrot makes the carrot looks uninviting in terms of appearance. 



SUGGESTIONS 
  1. Use your Slap Chop when you intend to chop a large quantity of onion and garlic. It's really useful and quicker compared to the traditional method. 
  2. Use your knife instead of the Slap Chop if you intend to have food chopped out in good shape. 
  3. You can combine the onion and garlic as you chop. No problem with combining food. 

PEOPLE'S COMPLAINS
#1 : Food stuck in the blades. 
SOLUTION: 
Don't get the food out from the Slap Chop. You just need to give it a few more slaps on the piston. The food got stuck because you are not slapping it hard enough. Another reason is because the number of slaps that you make are too little. Just don't get panic when you see your food stuck in the blades. You just need to slap it a few more times and the food will fall down. 

#2 : Difficult to clean. 
SOLUTION: 
I really can't see why people are facing such problem. I find it so easy to clean the Slap Chop. All you need to do is just switch on your tap water and open up the butterfly casing.. and wash it under running water. It's just as simple as that. All the leftover food will be cleaned away from the blades. 

#3 : Food wasted.
SOLUTION: 
Actually, all you need to do is just use your finger/knife/chopstick/anything thin enough to go through the blades to push down all the leftover food. It isn't really a trouble because you still need to do this when you use electrical food processor. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment