Copyright © Some People Say
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, January 12, 2014

Heavy Chocolate Chiffon Cake

Yesterday, I baked two chiffon cakes which turned out slightly not-that-tall but taste good enough to be shared. This simply because I wasn't in a good and patient mood while I'm baking this. I just straightened my hair and spent whole day sitting in the saloon - rotting. I was hot yet I cannot sweat at the same time to prevent the chemicals penetrated into my hair to fall off - so, you see, I was very - impatient at that time. Thus, my cake turned out to be - not very tall.

Here's the recipe I'd like to share with all of you - moist heavy chocolate chiffon cake. It tastes wonderful and what is the best thing about it - less oil. =)


Heavy Chocolate Chiffon Cake 
Ingredients 
A
5 egg yolks 
40g sugar 
100g full cream milk
40g Canola cooking oil 
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract 
120g flour 
40g cocoa powder 
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda

B
5 egg whites 
100g sugar 
1/4 cream of tartar powder 

Utensils 
Electric whisk
Mixing bowls 
Weighing scale
Spatula 
Chiffon cake mold 
Sieve

Steps 
  1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until the colour of the mixture turns pale yellowish. 
  2. Add in oil and milk one by one gradually into the mixture. Continue whisking. 
  3. Add in sieved flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder one by one gradually into the mixture. Whisk and mix well. 
  4. Use another oil-less bowl to whisk the egg whites until huge bubbles are formed. Add in cream of tartar. Continue whisking.
  5. Gradually add in 1/3 of sugar into the egg whites mixture and continue whisking. Stop whisking when the egg whites reach the soft peak stage. 
  6. Slowly fold in 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture bowl. 
  7. Add another 1/3 as in (6).
  8. Pour the combined mixture into the remaining 1/3 egg whites bowl and fold well using your spatula.
  9. Pour into the chiffon mold and bake at 140 degrees Celsius for 50-55 minutes. 
  10. Immediately turnover the baking tray after bake to be chilled under fan before removing the mold.
This recipe is extremely delicious for a tasty moist-chocolate-taste cake. 


TIPS 
Just a little tips to share with everybody based on my experience of baking chiffon cake - 
Remember to use low protein flour (cake flour) all the times if you want to get a tall and fine beautiful chiffon cake. I tried to use normal wheat flour in my Pandan chiffon attempt. It didn't rise as high as it normally does and the batter turns out to be thick and rough. The texture is definitely not as good as the one which used low protein flour. In other words, don't substitute the way I experimented it. Haha - You can mix maybe 4:1 portion if you want to (cake flour:wheat flour) but if possible, use 100% cake flour. Good ingredients definitely guarantee good quality of cake product. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment