Copyright © Some People Say
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, April 20, 2014

Co-author: “How to Break the Glass Ceiling without a Hammer – Career Strategies for Women” Sherry D. Strothers AKA “The Lipstick Leader” - is impacting the world around her for the best with her phenomenal, energizing presentations

Advertorial 

As Seen On CNN's iReport 

Co-author: “How to Break the Glass Ceiling without a Hammer – Career Strategies for Women” Sherry D. Strothers AKA “The Lipstick Leader” - is impacting the world around her for the best with her phenomenal, energizing presentations

We love connecting and interviewing those that are thrilled to encourage people to become more empowered. Well, today is one of those days where we have one such individual.

Sherry D. Strothers is a training and development consultant. Among the issues she is passionate about are women in leadership, the empowerment of women, cultivating the self-esteem of young women and overcoming adversity.

She is currently serving as a Chief Warrant Officer in the U.S. Navy with 24 years of active service.

She has a Master’s in Business Administration, Information Technology Management from Trident University International in Cypress, CA and a Bachelors of Science in Management and Technology from the University of Maryland.

She has a strong background in training and development particularly in DIA Operating Base Support Orientation Course (OBSOC), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Counselor Course, Senior Enlisted Leadership Training, Legal Officer Training, Personnel Management Training and holds a Greenbelt in the Lean Six Sigma Program.

Also an expert on Client Consultation and Relations Management, Administrative Management, Teambuilding and Leadership, Professional Training and Development, Career Counselling, Human Resources and Personnel Management, Solutions Development, Educational Instruction and Strategic Planning.

An current member of several professional organizations. Among the professional affiliations she belongs to are the National Black Masters in Business Administration Association (NBMBAA), the Academy of Management (AOM), the American Association of University Women (AAUW), the UDT SEAL Association and the Women in Government (WIM), and Toastmasters International.

So with hesitation here is Ms. Strothers:
“Those around me say I am strong-willed and passionate, those characteristics have allowed me to have many successes in both in my personal and professional life and others tell me I have a ‘never give up’ attitude.

Many ask why they call me ‘The Lipstick Leader’
Great question. I am a professional speaker with over 25 years of leadership development experience. My presentations are interactive and audience participation is a must because the best way to learn is by doing. When I speak attendees in my talks say things like: ‘It is guaranteed that everyone will walk away with tools they can use immediately.’

Fact is, I only receive those types of reviews because I speak from the experiences of having been there and having done it.

That said, Michael Lumpkin – Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations/Low Intensity Conflict sent this to me:
“Sherry is one of the finest and most inspirational leaders with whom I have had the good fortune to work. She has much to say and all should listen. Her message is truly worth hearing.”

I was one of 30 international coaches and consultants selected to co-author: “How to Break the Glass Ceiling without a Hammer – Career Strategies for Women”, my ultimate goal is to motivate individuals, forge teams, and change organizations. Using my high-energy I create dynamic speaking and training programs that are memorable because they inspire leaders, build aspiring leaders, and those seeking personal growth to.

A few areas I strive to convey are:
•Spark their imagination to create a bold vision.
•Share a clear-picture vision so that it energizes others.
•Lead from the heart and not from the head.
•Learn communication skills that exude confidence, not intimidation.
•Become skilled at achieving balance and establishing boundaries.

Many aspiring leaders may wonder: Why Being You is Important?

The answer is more in depth than this (as you too will experience in my personal coaching sessions and or my live talks) but in a nut shell -- I was not ‘lucky’ I worked with sheer bull-dog tenacity to arrive where I am and even today I do not simply ‘settle’ for where I am and what I have achieved however I am always aggressive moving forward to accomplished greater goals. This is Why Being You is Important.” said, Sherry D. Strothers AKA “The Lipstick Leader”

Original post extracted from: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1122190

0 comments:

Post a Comment