Copyright © Some People Say
Design by Dzignine
Monday, March 09, 2015

Square rug

Yee haw - another crochet project completed. It's a square rug. I wanted it to be square but it turned out to be a little rectangle due to the unexpected length became longer after crocheted.

This is made using the shell stitch and double crochet stitch. Basically, the shell stitch is made from double crochet stitch. So, if you know double crochet stitch, you will know how to make shell stitch.

I learn the shell stitch via this youtube video:


Sadly, to a certain point, I lost track a little while - but slowly, I got myself back to track. Somehow, I didn't follow very strictly.. 




Yarn: 1 inch wide T shirt yarn as well as bed sheet yarn
Crochet hook: aluminium 7/0 8/0 
Size of the rug: 17 inches x 15 inches
Started the project on 8 March 2015
Ended the project on 9 March 2015
Purpose: To be given to grandma 

Basically, the top and bottom 3 rows are made of shell stitches. Then I have 2 rows of pink double crochets and another 2 rows of white double crochets in the middle. 

The longer I look at it, I think it looks like a vehicle cushion more than a rug. Haha. 

Anyway, that's it for now -  


0 comments:

Post a Comment