Copyright © Some People Say
Design by Dzignine
Friday, December 11, 2015

Knitted Lace Top

I made a knitted lace top recently which I super duper love.. though people think it makes me fat wearing it. Yet, I really love this kind of loose top which.. gives my tummy enough allowance to expand at ease.



This is basically how it looks like. I made using this video tutorial


It's really a very easy tutorial to follow. Anybody can do this. I think I've used a thicker yarn - mine appears more bulky.

I also didn't realize the owner is such a petite size woman - well photos judgment told me we were more a less the same (which turns out untrue). So never mind, I added some sleeves on to mine. It looks great anyway, don't you think so?



Various views - 
Well ignore the pants' string - It is not meant to be captured actually.. 
I was so excited and forgot to tuck it in before I snapped. 


I used : 牛奶5股棉线  milk cotton 5-strands yarn with white label 50g each skein for approximately 5-7 skeins ; Milky-white colour ; light grey for sleeves 

Used 5mm knitting needles 

A: Eyelet stitch
R1: K
R2: P
R3: K2, *YO, K2Tog, K1*
R4: P

B: Dropped stitch
R1: K1 *K1 with 3 wraps*
R2: K1 *K1 drop wraps* 

C: Netting stitch
R1: K
R2, 4, 6, 8 : P
R3: K1 *YO, Sl St Knitwise, K2, PSSO* K2 
R5, 7: *YO, Sl St Knitwise, K2, PSSO* 

D: Solid mesh stitch 
R1: K1, *YO, K2Tog* K1 
R2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8: Repeat R1

For my pattern - I did: 
8 rows of garter stitches ending
B
A
C
B
D
A
B
A
C
D
B
A
8 rows of garter stitches starting

Read pattern from bottom to top. 

*K 4 rows after each pattern except for dropped stitch, K 2 rows only. (Similar to video) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment