Copyright © Some People Say
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, February 04, 2017

Man's Sweater

I made this sweater for him. It's one of the projects for my coming Korea honeymoon trip. I hope the trip will proceed as planned.. =( I was told that they were still lacking of 4 people to confirm the tour.

I followed this tutorial: http://knitted-patterns.com/knitting-for-men/pullovers-sweaters/4014-mens-v-neck-sweater-free-crochet-pattern

I used 3.5mm crochet hook for the ribbing. It looks tighter and neater in my opinion. I decreased the number of rows because I initially thought the ribbing was too long. I was wrong. I should have followed the tutorial.

For the entire sweater, I used 4.5mm crochet hook.

The yarn used is 7 ply Tang Sheng cotton milk yarn.

I used approximately 7 skeins of yarn; 100g each.

It is definitely a thick and heavy garment. I believe it should be warm enough.. I didn't have him by my side when I crocheted this sweater. So, I used a polo T that he left behind, and eyeballed the measurement. He tried it on a few days ago. I forgot to take a photo. I'll update again.

I followed the smallest size of the tutorial. Everything in the tutorial is great to follow, except some parts where I feel there's a mistake. I decided to follow my instinct.

I took around 1 - 2 months if I'm not mistaken, to complete this sweater. Ended this project on 14 January 2017.

Flash light.
The back part.

The colours look more natural here.

The front piece, half way through


My sweater and scarf.. 
His is still in progress


Done


Everything is great, except maybe it is a little stiff. 
That's why I dislike crochet garment.
I think knit garment looks much better because it is more malleable. 

Summary

0 comments:

Post a Comment