Copyright © Some People Say
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, April 23, 2011

Be Thankful (Philippians 4:10-13)

. . . .  S T A T U S 
Mood : ok-ok 

I just had my dinner. Phew.. My stomach feels so contented now BUT I'm sweating like shit now.. = / I really can't wait to go back Malacca where I can sleep in air-cond room EVERY NIGHT! Grrr.. Super hate the weather in Kedah!

I have not been updating a lot on gospel lately. So, here's one recent one by Pastor Goh.

English New International Version:
10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:10-13



Chinese Version:

4:10  我 靠 主 大 大 地 喜 乐 , 因 为 你 们 思 念 我 的 心 , 如 今 又 发 生 。 你 们 向 来 就 思 念 我 , 只 是 没 得 机 会 。
4:11  我 并 不 是 因 缺 乏 说 这 话 , 我 无 论 在 什 么 景 况 , 都 可 以 知 足 , 这 是 我 已 经 学 会 了 。
4:12  我 知 道 怎 样 处 卑 贱 , 也 知 道 怎 样 处 丰 富 , 或 饱 足 , 或 饥 饿 , 或 有 余 , 或 缺 乏 , 随 事 随 在 , 我 都 得 了 秘 诀 。
4:13  我 靠 着 那 加 给 我 力 量 的 , 凡 事 都 能 作 。



腓立比书  4章10-13届





The above scriptures are the conversation between Paul and God regarding feeling thankful for everything that he has. 


The main message of that day's sermon was: BE THANKFUL. 


Below is a short story about being thankful. 


.
.
.
.




The Reindeer Story 
One day, there was a reindeer. He was wondering in the woods. 

"Where is this path bringing me to--," he mumbled.




Then, he reached a very beautiful place. 
There were many colourful trees around.
There was also a river with crystal clear water. 
He walked near to it excitedly. 



"Oh! The water is crystal clear! I bet it's gonna taste wonderful!" 



He lowered down to have a sip of the river water. 



"Marvelous!" 


Then, he started to realise something strange in the water. 
There was an image and it was him in the water!


"I love my antlers! They look just perfect!" 


He was amazed with his antlers and he adored them. 
He felt that it was the most beautiful part of his body.



"My antlers are beautiful but my legs are so ugly!"


He loved his antlers but he hates his legs. 
He realised that his legs were ugly after he left the river.



While little reindeer was frustrated over his legs... 
He didn't know that he was being observed by somebody dangerous.







Suddenly... 



"BANG BANG!!"





It was the sound that all animals in the woods were afraid of. 
It was the HUNTER!




"Ahhh! Hunter!!!!" The reindeer was running as fast as he could. 



The hunter was also chasing the reindeer as fast as he could.



"Ah! My antlers! I can't get rid of the branches! Ahhh----!" 


Little reindeer got his antlers tangled with the branches.
He tried very hard to get rid of them but---



"You are not going to get away little reindeer! Ha ha ha!" 
The hunter gave out a wicked laugh and a loud noise was heard. 


BANG!!!!


Little reindeer was shot. 
The hunger got him finally.




It's not the end of the story yet. 


"The antlers which I thought were the best part of my body were not as good as my legs..."

At the end, he realised that the part which he thought was important was actually not and vice-versa.
It was because of his antlers, he lost his life. 




Moral of the story: Be thankful for everything that God has made for you (your body). 
Don't be like the reindeer who hated his legs but in the end, it was his legs which worked the hardest to save his life. 
He was shot by the hunter because of the antlers which he used to adore. 



Another analogy which I would like to include was:
"Be thankful" is the sugar of life. 



Here's another short story.
I hope that you guys are still following me. Ha- 
It really took a lot of effort to do this post.
For the reindeer story, I need to print screen my farmville animals and plants. 
Anyway, here you go the second story of the day about being thankful. 



Mother, Daughter and Coffee 
-----------------------


One evening, a mother and her daughter were having tea time at the veranda. 









"Mommy, the coffee is not sweet!" The daughter complained. 










"Stir it honey. Then, it will be sweet." The mother replied. 




The daughter did like what her mother said. 

She stirred it. 









"Mommy, the coffee is STILL not sweet!" She snapped impatiently. 




"Okay. Let's try this way. You try to stir harder." 
The mother answered calmly. 





Again, the daughter followed her mother's instruction. 
She stirred the coffee with the teaspoon harder than before. 
However... 




"Mom, the coffee is BITTER. It doesn't turn sweet no matter how hard I stir!" 
The daughter was reluctant to try anymore. 
She put the cup of coffee on the tea plate and lay back.  





"Come on honey, don't be like that. Let's see what is wrong with the coffee.." 
The mother had a sip of the coffee and just realised that the problem was absence of sugar. 






"A-ha! Honey, the coffee was not sweet because you didn't add in sugar. That is why the coffee is such bitter!" 
The mother gave out a slight laugh and scooped in some sugar into the coffee. 




"The coffee is just like our life, you know.. We need sugar to make the coffee is sweet; at the same time we need to be thankful so that our life will be sweet and happy." 

"Yummmmmmieeeee!" 




THE END.





OK. I took almost 2 hours plus doing this. 
So I hope that all my hard work will be appreciated.
I hope that with this post, I managed to deliver some message to you readers.



Going off to study!
Ta- ! 


I have 3 more papers to go! 
Wish me luck!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment