Copyright © Some People Say
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bed Bugs

Advertorial 

Today’s topic is about bed bug. Who got bitten? No one. I came across a site that displays a handful of eww being-bitten-by-bed-bugs photos. Then, I decided to check out more about bed bugs.

We often hear people say, “Damn it, I got bitten by bed bug when I stayed at this XXX hotel! The hotel is dirty! I believe you probably got bitten at least once in your life (I feel that getting bitten by bed bug is very common, what makes it different is the matter of how serious your infection is). So, what is bed bug and how do they look like?

According to Wikipedia, bed bugs are parasitic insects that feed on B L O O D. When I read this line, it reminds me of mosquitoes and leech. = = “ I hate these mini tiny living things.. that suck blood!! 

Bed bugs are small, oval non-flying insects. They don't sound very disgusting if you try to imagine it based on the shapes and size descriptions - small, oval, don't know how to fly---- but when I look at its picture, I find them quite similar to the American cockroach. X.X You will not like it, trust me. It looks… disgusting!

Cimex lectularius is the most infamous species of the family of bed bugs and prefer to feed on human blood. They are mainly active at night, but are not exclusively nocturnal and are capable of feeding on their hosts (referring to you and I) without being noticed. Incredible---- You will feel mosquito bite very quickly but not the bed bugs’ bite. They usually bite any exposed area of skin while one is sleeping (usually the face, neck, hands and arms are the common biting spots).

They live in any area of the home and can reside in tiny cracks in furniture as well as on textiles and upholstered furniture. Well, they are small, they can hide anywhere they want and escape from our naked eyes. Bed bugs can commonly be found in areas where people sleep and generally concentrate in beds, including mattresses, box springs, and bed frames. Well, this explains why your mom always gets your pillow and mattress out to the sun shower once a month or few months. The powerful sun can kill them (this is what I always hear my mom says--- how true is it, I don't know). 

Amazingly (I wonder how they did it), a bed bug bite is painless and is not noticed (you notice it when you see rashes, yeah, too late---- you already got bitten!). Small, flat, or raised bumps on the skin are the most common signs whereas redness, swelling and itching commonly occur.

What should you do if you are bitten by these irritating mini insects? No worry. Typically, no treatment is required for bed bug bites. If aching is serious, you can consult your physician for steroid creams or oral antihistamines. These can be used for symptom relief.

Want to see how one’s skin looks like after being “attacked” by bed bugs? Visit this site: http://bedbugsremovalguide.com/bed-bug-bites.html

1 comments:

  1. Yikes! I can't believe that happened to you! You must've been terrified when a spider jumped up on you while you were in the shower. That little bug couldn't have scared you better, being caught off-guard and all. I do hope the chronic spider attacks are gone by now, Lydia. Keep us posted and all the best to you!

    Greg Day @ Mega Fume

    ReplyDelete