Copyright © Some People Say
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Basic Front Cross Cable Stitch Pattern C8F

I have problem learning how to make cable stitch in knitting. I find it so difficult to knit as compared to crochet. However I'm so glad that I finally have a slightly deeper knowledge about cable stitch.


I made a small swatch. Some of my stitches are not very neat though. It's okay.. At least, the cables can be seen now! =) 



What I have learned: 
  • Cast on 20 stitches. 
  • RIGHT SIDE (Odd row): Slip the first stitch purl wise. Purl 5 stitches. Knit 8 stitches. Purl 5 stitches. Purl the last stitch. 
  • WRONG SIDE (Even row): Slip the first stitch purl wise. Knit 5 stitches. Purl 8 stitches. Knit 5 stitches. Purl the last stitch. 
  • * The first stitch is always a slip purl wise. * The last stitch is always a purl stitch.
  • Purl on purl; knit on knit. o = purl. v = knit. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment