Copyright © Some People Say
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Crochet Rug using self made T shirt yarn

I've been crocheting so frequent lately using T shirt yarn - which is the Tarn. I have been collecting so many T shirts from so many people and I'm really thankful for whoever that gave me generously. Haha - I helped to clear their old clothes and I get to practise new crochet pattern without having to spend money on the yarn.

After doing some research online regarding crochet yarn, I think I am going to use only 2 types of yarn in my projects. The free of charge Tarn and acrylic yarn. Acrylic yarn is made from almost totally plastic and it's cheap if you were to compare with the other natural fiber yarn. Though Acrylic yarn is not produced naturally from animal and plant, it is a good material that traps heat. That means, it is gonna be an excellent material for blanket projects. Ha - that's exactly what I need. Also, due to the fact that it is made from plastic, it is very long-lasting. From what I read, it is going to last for a really long time.

Maybe - or maybe just one day.. when I have a baby or what - Haha - I'll get a better yarn to make a special handmade stuff for him/her. Then, I'll use better baby yarn or what. I guess that's gonna be a future promise I'm making in prior of time.

So basically, I've made 5 rugs so far.

The first 3 are all round rugs from the same crochet pattern that I found on Youtube. You can view it here - http://luluboogie.blogspot.com/2015/01/t-shirt-crochet-rug.html

I feel like doing a list down in this blog post of all the rug I've crocheted.

Rug #1 - Giant round


Rug #2 - Mini round


Rug #3 - Mini round


Rug #4 - Oval


Rug #5 : Rectangle - back/stitch 


Rug #6 : Rectangle - double stitch
Completed on 20th February 2015

Rug #7 : Round - single crochet 
Completed on 26th April 2015


Rug #8 : Round - double crochet 
Completed on 26th June 2015


Rug #9 : Round - double crochet 
Completed on 26th June 2015


Rug #10 : Square - garter stitch (knit)
Completed on 12th December 2015


Rug #11 : Square - garter stitch (knit) 24 st. 
Completed on 12th December 2015
* I broke 1 side of the 9mm circular knitting needles while making this.


Rug #12 : Square - garter stitch (knit) 24 st. 
Completed on 13th December 2015


Rug #13 : Square - garter stitch (knit) 
Completed on 17th December 2015


Rug #14 : Square - garter stitch (knit)  
Completed on 20th December 2015

0 comments:

Post a Comment